|Hair Loss Options|
Causes of Hair Loss: What causes Alopecia or Hair Loss?
Hair loss can be a traumatic experience for many people. A healthy head of hair is often an important factor in how you feel about yourself and in feeling good about your appearance.
When hair begins to fall out, appears thin and lifeless, or comes out in patches, this can cause a great deal of distress and insecurity. We all lose hair every day, this is a natural and healthy occurrence; however, sometimes hair loss becomes excessive and then it is important to find out what is causing it.
The health of your hair is a good indicator of the health of your body. When hair loss becomes excessive, it is important to find out what is causing it, so that you can also treat underlying problem(s).
There are many causes of hair loss, including:
- After effects of pregnancy
- Aging (e.g. male/female pattern baldness
- Dietary deficiencies
- Fungal infections of the scalp
- Harsh chemicals (e.g. improper use of hair colors/relaxers, incorrect brushing, tight hair braiding, tight hair bands or rollers
- Hormonal changes
- Reaction to chemotherapy
- Reaction to illness or major surgery (hair may fall out up to 3-months afterwards)
- Side effects of medication (e.g. anticoagulants, gout medication, anti-depressives, contraceptives and excess Vitamin A)
- Thyroid problems
What else can help?
- Scientists have found a link between smoking and hair loss - another reason to quit!
- Add Flaxseed Oil or Evening Primrose Oil to your daily supplements.
- Make sure you have sufficient (not too much!) Vitamin A and a good Vitamin B complex.
- Zinc and Copper are important trace elements to promote healthy hair growth.
- Eat a healthy diet with lots of fresh fruit and raw vegetables. It is essential to drink plenty of water.
- Avoid harsh hair chemicals and excessive direct heat from hair dryers or heated rollers.
- Protect your hair from the sun by wearing a hat.
*Note: If it has been determined by your Dermatologist, Trichologist or health physician that your hair will not grow back again, don’t become discouraged or distressed. A special technique has been designed with you in mind!!! (Non-surgical Custom Hair Replacements and Invisible Lace Front Wigs).
|< Prev||Next >|